I recently have become enamored with block printing. I have an idea for it in one of my paintings that is still in process (still in stage one - idea in my head) and wanted to try some small stamps first just for fun. I discovered two things: (1) This is way harder than I thought, especially to get an even thin line; and (2) I really need better lighting in my apartment because my eyes hurt after staring so closely as I carved these up.
So my first attempt was a full bodied pug, but I had issues with getting the thin line just right and lost a lot of details in the face. I should've started bigger, because it was really hard getting in some of those narrow crevices. My second attempt was just the head of a bow tie pug. That one was much easier to do.
Here are the stamps. I got lazy at the end since it's getting late and used a stamp pad to ink it instead of using the block printing ink that came with the kit. Although now I kinda regret it since the ink stained the stamps a bit.